Better Touch Better Business
Contact Sales at VENTECH.
Air condition system
We often hear professional terms such as AHU, HRV, FU in the HVAC industry and Air Condition System. So what do these words mean? Now let me explain to you.
1. FCU means Fan Coil Unit Fan Coil Unit, is the terminal device of the air conditioning system. Its working principle is to continuously recirculate the air in the room where the unit is located, so that the air passes through the cold water (hot water) coil and is blown away. Cooling (heating) to keep the room temperature constant. When the air pass through the forced action of the fan, the air is heated by the heater surface, then strengthening the convection heat exchanger between air and radiator, this can quickly heat the air inside
2. AHU means Air Handling Units, Air Handling Units, it is a air conditioning box or wind cabinet. It mainly relies on the rotation of the fan to drive the heat exchange between the indoor air and the internal coil of the unit, and filter the impurities in the air to maintain the indoor temperature, humidity and air cleanliness by controlling the air temperature and air volume. The air handling unit with fresh air function also performs heat and humidity treatment and filtration treatment on the air including fresh air or return air. At present, there are several types of air handling units, such as ceiling type, vertical type, horizontal type and combined type. Among them, the ceiling-mounted air handling unit is also called a hanging cabinet; the combined air handling unit is also called a combined air cabinet or group cabinet.
3. HRV total heat exchanger HRV, means: Heat Reclaim Ventilation, we call it energy recovery ventilation system in China. Invented in 1992 for Daikin Air Conditioning, they call "Total Heat Exchanger" now. This type of air conditioner recovers the lost heat energy through ventilation equipment, reducing the load on the air conditioner while maintaining a comfortable and fresh environment. Besides, user can combine HRV system with VRV system, commercial split system and other air conditioning systems. Then it can be automatically switched to different ventilation modes, to make the environment better and more comfortable.
4. FAU means Fresh Air Unit, fresh air unit, FAU fresh air unit provides an air conditioning equipment for fresh air, which is divided into household and commercial use.
It works like this, The fresh air comes from the outdoor and it is sent to the room, before into the room, the air will go through the fan after dust removal, dehumidification (or humidification), cooling (or heating), etc.. Then the air will be cleaned and replaced, then sent to the indoor space. The difference between AHU air handling units and FAU fresh air units: AHU not only includes fresh air conditions, but also return air conditions; FAU fresh air units mainly refer to air handling units with fresh air conditions. From a certain point of view, it is the relationship between the former and the latter.
5. PAU is Pre-Cooling Air Unit, pre-cooling air-conditioning box pre-cooling air-conditioning box - generally used in conjunction with the fan coil unit FCU, the function is to pre-treat the outdoor fresh air, and then send it to the fan coil unit (FCU) )
6. RCU is Recycled air handling Unit, circulating air conditioning box. The circulating air conditioning box is also called the indoor air circulation unit, which mainly inhales and discharges indoor air to ensure indoor air circulation.
7. MAU is Make-up Air Unit, brand new fan unit. The new fan unit is a fresh air-providing AC system. On the function, it can achieve constant temperature and humidity or simply provide fresh air according to the requirements of the use environment. How it works? Air is extracted from outdoors and treated by dust removal, dehumidification (or humidification), cooling (or heating), etc.. Then the air will be cleaned and replaced, then sent to the indoor space. Surely, all the functions we tabled about above must be depends on the needs of the user. The more functions system, the more expensive it will cost.
8. DCC (full name: Dry Cooling Coil, type cooling coil) Dry cooling coil (referred to as dry coil or dry cooling coil) is used to eliminate indoor sensible heat.
9. HEPA high-efficiency filter High-efficiency filter refers to the filter screen that meets the HEPA standard, and the effective efficiency for 0.1 micron and 0.3 micron reaches 99.998%. The characteristic of HEPA nets is that air can pass through, but fine particles cannot. It has a removal efficiency of more than 99.7% for particles with a diameter of 0.3 microns (1/200 of the diameter of a hair), and is the most effective filter medium for pollutants such as smoke, dust and bacteria. It is an internationally recognized high-efficiency filter material. It has been widely used in high clean places such as operating room, animal laboratory, crystal experiment and aviation.
10. FFU (full name: Fan Filter Units, fan filter unit) Fan filter unit is a terminal purification equipment that combines fans and filters (high-efficiency filter (HEPA) or ultra-high-efficiency filter (ULPA)) to form its own power supply. To be precise, it is a self-powered, modular end air supply device with filtering effect. The fan inhales the air from the top of the FFU and filters it through HEPA, and the filtered clean air is evenly sent out at a wind speed of 0.45m/s ± 22% over the entire air outlet surface.
11. OAC external air processing unit OAC external air processing unit is the name in Japan and is used for feeding into a closed workshop. To some extent, it is same as the fresh air processing unit MAU or FAU in China.
12. EAF (full name: Exhaust Air Fan, exhaust fan) EAF air conditioning exhaust fan, mainly used in the public areas of the floor, such as corridors, stair front rooms, etc.
Hello, please leave your name and email here before chat online so that we won't miss your message and contact you smoothly.