Better Touch Better Business
Contact Sales at VENTECH.
Phenolic insulation board is made of phenolic foam. Its main components are phenol and formaldehyde. Phenolic foam is a new type of flame-retardant, fire-proof and low-smoke insulation material (under limited conditions). It is made of phenolic resin with foaming agent and curing agent. Closed-cell rigid foam made of other additives.
English name: Phenolic insulation board
Its most prominent feature is non-combustibility, low smoke, and resistance to high temperature dismutation. It overcomes the shortcomings of the original foam plastic insulation material that is flammable, smokey, and deforms when exposed to heat, and retains the characteristics of the original foam plastic insulation material, such as light weight and convenient construction.
Phenolic insulation board classification
1. Defects of polyurethane: it is easy to burn in fire, easy to produce toxic gas, and endanger human health;
2. The defects of polystyrene: it is easy to burn in fire, shrinks after long-term use, and has poor thermal insulation performance;
3. Defects of rock wool and glass wool: harm the environment, breed bacteria, high water absorption, poor thermal insulation effect, poor strength, and short service life;
4. The advantages of phenolic aldehyde: non-combustible, non-toxic gas and no dense smoke after combustion, low thermal conductivity, good insulation effect, sound insulation, good weather resistance, and the service life can be as long as 30 years;
5. It has a uniform closed-cell structure, low thermal conductivity, and good thermal insulation performance, which is equivalent to polyurethane and better than polystyrene foam;
6. The applicable temperature range is wide. It can be used at -200℃~200℃ in the short term, and can be used at 140℃~160℃ for a long time, which is better than polystyrene foam (80℃) and polyurethane foam (110℃);
7. The phenolic molecule contains only carbon, hydrogen, and oxygen atoms. When subjected to high temperature decomposition, it will not produce other toxic gases except for a small amount of CO gas. The maximum smoke density is 5.0%. After a 25mm thick phenolic foam board is exposed to a flame spray of 1500°C for 10 minutes, only the surface is slightly carbonized but not burnt through, and it will neither catch fire nor emit dense smoke and poisonous gas;
8. In addition to being corroded by strong alkalis, phenolic foam can resist almost all inorganic acids, organic acids, and organic solvents. Long-term exposure to the sun, no obvious aging phenomenon, so it has good aging resistance;
9. The cost of phenolic foam is low, only equivalent to two-thirds of polyurethane foam.
Difference between phenolic insulation board and polyurethane insulation board
Phenolic insulation board:
The salient features of phenolic insulation board are non-combustible, non-absorbent, heat preservation and energy saving. At the same time, it overcomes the shortcomings of plastic insulation board in the production process, while retaining the characteristics of light insulation board material and convenient construction.
1. Excellent fire performance: It is produced in combination with other materials, and its fire protection standard can reach 81, which basically eliminates the possibility of fire.
2. Heat preservation and energy saving: The heat preservation board has good heat insulation performance, and its thermal conductivity is 0.023w/(m.k). Compared with other heat preservation products, its heat preservation performance is very high, and it can achieve energy saving effect in use.
3. No water absorption: The phenolic insulation board is relatively light in weight, and will not absorb water during use, and will not be afraid of wind and rain.
4. Safety and environmental protection: Phenolic insulation board is a green product and will not cause harm to the human body. However, if the combustion exceeds the limit value, hazardous substances such as formaldehyde and carbon monoxide will be released.
Polyurethane insulation board:
Polyurethane insulation board is produced by a professional polyurethane insulation board production line, with reliable quality and superior performance, which can meet the actual application needs of buildings. In fact, polyurethane insulation board and phenolic insulation board have similarities, which have the properties of fireproof, waterproof, moisture-proof and high temperature resistance. However, polyurethane insulation board also has other performance advantages.
1. Strong anti-deformation ability, will not split easily, safe and stable.
2. The structure is stable, in addition to the performance of waterproof and fireproof in practical applications, it also has good sound absorption, can reduce noise, and create a comfortable environment for people.
3. The comprehensive cost performance is high. During the production process, the production and craftsmanship of its insulation materials are higher than the original production costs.
Hello, please leave your name and email here before chat online so that we won't miss your message and contact you smoothly.